Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weekly Update- No Comment



I'm not about to say that having a newborn in the house is easy. It's been 9 years since we've done this sort of work and I will be the first to admit it's the toughest job I have ever had. I'm sure my feelings will change once my oldest is going through puberty, but for now, the feedings every two to five hours- depending on Piper's desires- are taking their toll on me; Piper's not even 3 weeks old! I feel like I am one giant nipple. My husband assured me that, in fact, I am two giant nipples. Thanks, love. Though I am the keeper of the nipples, Piper seems to think that nipples grow all around her. From her daddy's t-shirt to her sister's hair, she is on the constant hunt for food.



I like to think that I time my days around her feedings, but in looking back over the past 17 days, my days are simply spent feeding her. That's it! Yeah, there are the diaper changes and the sleeping, but this entry is all about how much Piper eats.

I have a limited milk supply due to a reconstructive breast surgery six years ago, so we supplement her feedings with formula. Our routine has turned into breasting, bottle, breast again, then PUMP! This takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and half and it makes me very, very, tired. I'm supposed to then sleep when Piper is sleeping, but I get too restless and must do things like what I am doing now. Needless to say, I think I showered two days ago. Which was a luxury, as was the trip to Target for a new coffee maker. I have ambitions today of leaving the house, but my nipples now signal it is time again to feed.

Hard to type when baby is trying to locate nipple in my shirt collar or here on this blog post.

2 Comments:

Blogger trinjoy said...

What a great pic of the sisters! Your Target trip cracked me up, since that was MY first outing after my eldest was born. :)

Glad Piper's proficient at huunting out the goods already.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

adorable!!!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home