Thursday, October 19, 2006

I heart PR

Last night I was on pins and needles (pun intended) watching the season finale of Project Runway 3. Yeah, you never hear me talk about TV because I am not a big watcher of it, but I have followed this show since the beginning. My pregnant weekends were spent sprawled out on the couch, glued to the marathons on Bravo hoping Jeffrey would end up the winner. And last night he won!

I was literally on the edge of my seat when Tim Gunn had his 'gather round' to talk about the allegations that Jeffrey outsourced some of his sewing. There was no way he could have come that far to be disqualified, and with a huge sigh of relief, he remained in. So he had to give up the wigs; I didn't really like them, anyway. His collection told a story, was innovative, and beautifully styled- without wigs! I can't wait to see what he does with INC and how his clothes would be marketed to the public. I would love to own one his designs.

This season's finalists had the most diverse points of view since the show's inception; their collections emphasizing just how different each designer is. I really liked Laura's designs, just because they were all so elegant and sophisticated, but I didn't think she was well rounded enough to be deemed the winner. I can see her clothes on the red carpet at the Oscars, not at my local Macy's. Uli was a little too Mrs. Roper for my tastes, though her neutral pieces were lovely. I was really tired of hearing how she lives in Miami and likes vibrant colors. I get it! Michael was Darian's favorite and while I loved his winning design for the Icon challenge, I thought his collection was too hoochy mama for my tastes.

Sew, congratulations to Jeffrey! And now you know, I love Project Runway (but pretty much suck at reviews!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home